Two years into the pandemic, the global agribusiness community continues to address the twin crises around public health and the economy, and corporations are examining their role within our socio-economic system. With a renewed focus on human, social and natural capital as material factors in financial performance, agribusiness corporations are looking to position themselves within a sustainability framework as they adapt to a changing world.
Fasken’s ESG & Sustainability Group has been bringing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into focus through a series of webinars. These sessions feature Fasken lawyers as well as guest speakers from global organizations and address a wide range of different ESG aspects.
The food industry accounts for 70% of global fresh-water withdrawal and almost a quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions. Nonetheless ESG factors have so far been overlooked by investors in that industry who have historically focused almost solely on financial performance. What will the future bring?
This agribusiness focussed panel features leaders with a North American perspective and will address the following topics:
- Intensifying market demand for sustainable solutions and the growing trend (and risk) of environmental claims
- Growing pressure for greater ESG performance and transparency in the food and beverage industry
- Growing environmental and social impacts of food production and consumption forcing a rethinking of the agricultural model and also waste management
- Diane Bertrand, Senior Vice President, Legal Affairs and Cooperation, Agropur Cooperative
- Charles Holt, Partner, InvestEco Capital Corp
- Jessie Kennedy, Director Corporate Counsel, Starbucks
- Av Maharaj, General Counsel and VP, Legal & Government Affairs, Kraft Heinz Canada
- Marian Van Hoek, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, BASF Canada
- Emilie Bundock, Partner, Fasken
- 11:00 am ET / 8:00 am PT - Welcome from moderator
- 11:10 am ET / 8:10 am PT - Panel discussion
- 11:40 am ET / 8:40 am PT - Q & A period
- 11:55 am ET / 8:55 am PT - Conclusion
This webinar is complimentary
This programme contains 1 hour of accredited content for the purposes of the Law Society of British Columbia’s annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The session has been loaded with the LSBC and is titled “Fasken’s ESG Issues in Agribusiness – April 2022”. It is available for claiming through your LSBC Member Portal.
A confirmation of participation will be sent to you for your continuing education hours with the Barreau du Québec.
For CPD/CLE in other jurisdictions, please contact your local Law Society.